The seven-member, SEDOM Executive Board, is composed of superintendents and lay board members from the cooperative's member districts. Board members serve a three-year term. The Executive Board meets monthly and provides for the overall operation of SEDOM and all programs, including all SEDOM staff, school facilities, transportation, equipment, and materials. Policies for the operation of SEDOM are developed and approved by the Executive Board.
The SEDOM Governing Board consists of seventeen members comprised of a board member from each of the eleven-member districts. The SEDOM Governing Board meets twice each year in March for a review of Programs and Services and in August for a review and approval of the budget.
The next meeting of the SEDOM Governing Board will be on March 3, 2019, at 7:00 pm in the SEDOM Center Gym.
The following goals and related activities for 2018-19, which are in support of the vision and mission and related to the function of SEDOM as outlined in the Articles of Joint Agreement, have been recently discussed by the Governing Board, Executive Board, and the McHenry County PPS Directors:
- Enhance local capacity for meeting the needs of unique learners.
• Quarterly networking meetings for related and itinerant services.
• Schedule of countywide professional development identified in the FY18 needs assessment.
• Provide training at the local district level as requested.
• Increase opportunities for coaching based support
- Provide resources to support local initiatives.
• Maintain a lending library of specialized equipment and testing materials.
• Provide CPI training as requested by districts.
• Respond to requests for resources, consultation, and technical assistance.
• Provide access to supervision in specialized areas of educational services.
- Ensure a meaningful relationship between SEDOM and its member districts.
• Maintain regular communication with the Executive Board, Superintendents and PPS Directors/Coordinators regarding legal, procedural and reporting requirements
• Maintain regular communication with the Executive Board, Superintendents and PPS Directors/Coordinators regarding fiscal, facility and educational services information
- Provide responsible direction and planning for the future of the organization.
• Continue to monitor the implementation of the restructure of SEDOM.
• Develop a framework for communication with member and non-member districts in McHenry County regarding potential areas of mutual collaboration.